I had to go through some additional package installations on Ubuntu 15.10 to get the webex client working from a FireFox browser.
Even though I was getting prompted to install the plugin and the plugin got installed, and i was getting to the Webex screen, I was unable to view the screens being presented via Webex. This is happening because there are a lot of libraries that the plugin needs, (In order to work properly) that are missing after the base install of Ubuntu 15.10.
You can find the list of missing libraries by
- Open a terminal with a command line prompt
- cd .webex
- cd 1524 (Or whatever your directory is named)
- ldd *.so | grep -i ‘not found’
I had to perform the following steps to get all these libraries installed
- Download java 32 bit for linux from http://www.java.com/en/download/linux_manual.jsp
- Downloaded and installed jre 32 bit into /u01/Rk/Apps/Java/jre32 (You can install it wherever you want to, just make sure you set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the correct directory, in the next step)
- Added following directories to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting in .bash_profile
- Used apt to install the following packages
- apt-get install libxmu6:i386
- apt-get install libpangoxft-1.0-0:i386
- apt-get install libpangox-1.0-0:i386
- apt-get install libxtst6:i386
- apt-get install -y lib32stdc++6
- apt-get install -y libxi6:i386
- apt-get install -y libxv1:i386
- apt-get install -y libasound2:i386
- apt-get install -y libgtk2.0-0:i386
After the above mentioned packages were installed, ldd did not report any missing libraries, and I was able to view and present using webex from FireFox.
Hope this helps others who have the same problem.